I searched the web and pinterest for the how to of this craft and all I found was broken links and ones that didn’t use paper plates. Here is what we did.
- Paper plate
- Construction paper
Get a paper plate and cut out the center via cut to the center.
- Fold a piece of construction paper like an accordion into five parts.
- Cut each part off on the fold.
- Fold each strip again in half.
- Then draw half a leaf shape along the fold. You can get between 4-5 leaves depending on size you want.
- Cut out the leaves.
- You will need roughly 50 leaves per crown.
- Draw a line on the paper plate directly opposite your cut.
- Work on only half of your crown at a time.
- Patiently glue only the wide part of the leaf to the paper plate.
- Once you get three on, slide new leaves under the part of previous leaves that are not glued down. Until the first half is done.
- Now repeat process until the other side is done.
If you have any questions please ask.